1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange AD200 MK3 into a 6 OHM cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sleevey55, Apr 2, 2017.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    The head has a 4 or 8 ohm option only. Was wondering if I could use it with my Eden XLT610? It's 6 ohms. If it's ok, which do I use, I'm assuming the 4?

2. I would use the 4 ohm tap.. I'm very far from an electronic expert tho. .. hopefully someone who knows (far) more than I, will chime in.

3. Tubes prefer less impedance than the nominal rating when exact is not an option. So use the 8 ohm tap.

BassmanPaul and Bassmec like this.
  4. That's what I meant. .. only I stated the opposite. . That's pretty usual for me I think. .. or maybe. ...... :sour: ???

5. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    This is the correct answer and the best option, although you are probably safe either way.

Bassmec likes this.
  6. 8 ohm drivers.

7. 8 ohm drivers make a 6 ohm cab with 6 of them. Purely a convenience over getting custom drivers to add up to 4 ohms.

Getting most power out of an amp is overrated.

8. I too agree with setting the amp at 8Ω. :)

9. the point is there is no point to a 6ohm cab. No selling point anyway. Either it suits the user or it doesn't.

If you have no inclination to maths the power thing gets very hard to explain. Two hundred watts into 610 will rattle your fillings. But doubling to four hundred watts only makes it a squidge louder.