1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ORANGE AD200 MKIII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by redhed, Apr 1, 2013.

1. redhed

redhed Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2009
    About to pull the trigger on a brand spankin' new AD 200! Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, opinions - good or bad on the ORANGE....

2. redhed

redhed Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I plan on running it through one of my Ampeg 810e cabs.

3. RobertKH

RobertKH

Apr 2, 2013
    Surrey, BC
    I had one at my disposal in the studio last week. I have to say that it was pretty amazing. I managed to get a pretty gritty fuzz out of it while still having lots of clarity even on the low B using flatwounds! Also tried it with nickel wounds on a P-bass and got a really sweet rock tone out of it. It's a pretty dark sounding head in general and it takes some fine adjustments to get things just right. It's also a very smooth sounding amp - to the point where it can be a little difficult to get some real definition in the mids. Not to say it's impossible by any means, just needs a bit of roll-off in the low end to keep it from getting muddy. Overall I ended up falling in love with it over the couple weeks I was using it - it has a pretty unique voicing that I really enjoyed.

4. redhed

redhed Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks! It really is a beautiful head even if it is a little expensive, I can't wait!!

5. easye

easye

Nov 28, 2008
    Central NJ
    Endorsing Artist: Curt Mangan Strings, Luther Lee Pickups
    I love my orange. Pull the trigger u will not be disappointed

6. I have an Orange Bass Terror 500 on order (should have it in a few days) and will be pairing it with the new Genz Benz 2x12. Can't wait.

7. Bassmonkey16046

Bassmonkey16046

Feb 10, 2011
    I have the TB bass combo..love it...been running it for over a year with no issues!

8. I have a SVT CL and i am considering sell it to buy an Orange AD200