1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Amplification Introduce The OBC112

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Oct 5, 2018.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Orange Amplification is pleased to introduce the great sounding OBC112, the latest addition to their growing arsenal of bass cabinets. The highly successful OBC Series are the go to cabs for Orange Ambassadors such as Geddy Lee (Rush), Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple) and John McVie (Fleetwood Mac).

As a builder of cabinets that have been industry standards for five decades, Orange understands that size, shape and design, plus the materials used, play an enormous part in shaping the sound a cabinet produces. Ordinarily, the larger the cab, the bigger the sound. This new, smaller bass cab neatly combines portability and solid construction with a big sound that belies its size.

This rear porting cab features the outstanding Lavoce Neodymium 12” Speakers. These thump out a remarkably hefty sound, producing plenty of volume and a surprising amount of bottom, particularly when stacked. Built for the bass player who needs some firepower, from classic rock to thrash metal, this cab can handle anything while delivering excellent performance every time.

Built for a life on the road, the non-isobaric OBC112 is constructed from 15mm birch ply making it extremely light and easily transportable. Craftsman built, this is a quality cab that will withstand the rigors of the road without the back breaking weight. Whatever the conditions, no matter how tough the tour, regardless what demands are placed on it, the OBC will keep playing on.

Its classic Orange styling, the iconic livery, the basket weave vinyl, acoustic grill cloth and signature picture frame edge, make it immediately recognizable and sure to stand out from the crowd. Any bass player reliant on a massive bottom end for their sound, looking for a light weight cabinet needs an Orange OBC112 in their rig.

To find out more about the OBC112 and the other Orange cabs please go to Orange Amps – British Guitar Amps

Orange_OBC112_1.

Orange_OBC112_2. Orange_OBC112_7. Orange_OBC112_4. Orange_OBC112_1.

2. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    How misleading is this (if at all)?

3. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Orange needs to get with the times and come out with some nice neodymium cabs. I'd rock an Orange 2x12 that's under 50 lbs in a heartbeat.

SirSparkz likes this.
  4. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Well, the specs on this 112 is
    LAVOCE NEODYMIUM 12″ SPEAKER
    26.12 LBS

OBC112 – Orange Amps

So they do have a neodymium cab. 2 of them would be a little over 52 lbs. Is that in the range of a heartbeat?

5. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I know you're supposed to drive this with an Orange Bass Amp, but i'll bet it would sound great with a Tonehammer. Just Sayin'...

6. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    1. Good to see they're bringing back the Terror Bass amp.

2. +1 on desire for a new 2x12 neo cabinet if it costs considerably less than buying two of the 1x12s.

3. I'm surprised this new cab only weighs 26 lbs. I think the GK version weighs 32?

4. Apparently this one doesn't have a tweeter which I think is great. Most of us don't need them and we're paying for them/carrying them around any way. Nice to have the option of not buying one.

7. Happy Face

Happy Face Supporting Member

May 3, 2007
    Portland, Maine

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah I'd be interested in that for sure. As long as it's 2 speakers in one cabinet, and isn't isobaric. I'd be all over that.

9. Happy Face

May 3, 2007
    Portland, Maine
    Very curious about the pricing.

I prefer two 1x12s over a 2x12" only because it gives you more flexibility.

Looking forward to hearing the first reports.

10. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
  11. Happy Face

May 3, 2007
    Portland, Maine
    Thanks!

12. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Ohhh boy. I might be interested in the new terror head though..

13. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC

Man that thing sounds good....

14. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Yes. Yes it does.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  15. cheechi

cheechi

Mar 10, 2015
    kind of wish that demo was with a P or J, how much of that sound is the amp vs how much is the bass.

16. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    Not at all.

wintremute likes this.
  17. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Nice looking cab!

18. ItsmeSantiago

ItsmeSantiago

Nov 23, 2015
    Interesting they didn't put a tweeter in it. I had a similar amp from a different manufacturer, and I couldn't hear a difference between the tweeter being all the way on or off.

19. jshinal

jshinal

May 28, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    What does everyone think about rear porting vs front porting ? Is there any audible difference in the output ? SPL the same I mean.