Orange Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassguy187, Feb 23, 2001.

1. bassguy187

Jun 27, 2000
    Nazo, PA
    hey guys,
    have you ever heard of orange amps?
    i think they're made in the U.K. and i played one the other day at my friends house, and these things are amazing,
    i think they put ampeg to shame, i think it had 8 6550 power tubes, and the whole casing of the amp was orange.
    i have the ampeg svt-cl and i take that over mine or a mesa boogie anyday.
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I remember them from about 25yrs ago. I didn't know they were still being made, haven't seen one in ages.
  3. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    They're very popular with guitarists at the moment, they're very "cool" in some scenes.
    I like my amps to be light.
  4. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Yeah, I know that Oasis used to use them a lot. I remember being in the rehearsal room of my next door neighbour's band, Smaller. Smaller used to play with Oasis when they were starting out, and are still friendly with them. When Oasis ditched their Orange gear, they gave it all to Smaller, who just piled it up in one of the corners of the room, not even using it. Such a waste... :rolleyes:
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The old orange amps had a reputation of going up in flames occasionally. Hope they got rid of that now...:D
  6. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    When I saw ZZ Top in 1975 they had Orange on the stage with them. They have a nice web site now with a couple of great pictures for your computer desktop available for easy download.
  7. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have tried the all new Orange 200W all-tube-bassamp. It has 4x6550`s and sounds great. I think it´s one of the best amps made today.
    Check it out on Oranges site:
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i think orange is the best