Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange bass head?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigdaddybass, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Question. I have a Hartke 5000 head solid state. 500w several years old. Im thinking of purchasing a Orange AB200 tube head soon BUT.... Im not sure if its ah gonna be as loud as my hartke goin through my amped 8 x 10 cab. I've never owned a tube head and im just wondering if its gonna meet the same volume levels as what i have???

:confused: WHADDAYA TINK??????:D

2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    The Orange will blow the Hartke away ... No Problem!!:D

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    THis belongs in that Amps Forum.

4. The Hartke HA5000 is a stereo head, so you're only sending 250 watts to the 8x10 anyway.

5. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    The Orange will blow it away in volume and tone... trust me. ;) I have one and its my baby.

6. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Where the hell do you get these heads? I can't find them online and no dealer near me sells them.

7. I don't think you can get a current 200 watt Orange, but they have a 140 watt head.

Contact; Rock City Guitars
    Sommerville, MA

8. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    ROCKBOBMEL,
    Thanks for the mention!!!!!!!! Orange does indeed make the AD200B Bass head. It will keep up with an SVT, although has a different tone. Feel free to contact me for details. gibsongeek@aol.com
    Thanks,
    Corey

9. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Does anyone know if they sell Orange heads online?

10. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    what kind of tunes u play? I saw a used Orange bass head at Daddy's but that was like years ago. I really was not impressed with it at all.

I remember playing with a band back in 1996 and the guitarist had an Orange head and that didn't sound so good, but then again they were called "noisecore" music. They sure sounded like it!

11. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Orange = VERY LOUD.... 200 orange watts would equal almost 500 watts for any other amp... the only thing i've heard that is louder is an Ampeg 4pro or a Mesa 400+ (the 2nd is similar in price... and I think a little better than the orange)

12. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    I've just been offered an orange ad120 (od120?) head in immaculate condition for a very silly (small!) amount of money.
    Ok it's primarily a g**tar head but I see no reason it couldn't be used with Bass.
    Opinions?
    :confused:

13. ;) Doubt that it'll work. You don't need this head. Mail it to Rockin John,...... ;)

Only kidding, of course. If the money's that silly, get it anyway. If it's not up to much, flog it to a g******st for loads more money :D :D

John