1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange BT500 vs. BT1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GaryLC, Feb 13, 2013.

1. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    So I've been thinking about picking up the BT500 version of the Terror, more than enough power for the classic rock band I'm in. However I've got possible dibs on a BT1000 for actually slightly less money. Would I be stupid not to go for the 1000? I didn't know if there were any quality issues associated with the BT1000 that the BT500 doesn't have. Can't hurt to have the extra power!

2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    No experience with the TB1000 but I love my TB500. I bought it as a back up for my vintage Hiwatts and for smaller gigs, it is fast becoming my favorite amp. I paired it with two of the 115s. Sounds awesome.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    For the same cash, no, it would not hurt to roll with the Terror Bass 1000.

That being said, I'm amazed at the volume capabilities of the Terror Bass 500! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:

4. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Thanks guys! I've found a place that is selling a limited number of NIB BT1000's for $100 less than the going rate of new BT500's, just seems like an offer I shouldn't refuse.