Orange Crush 100 Combo Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gegatso, May 18, 2019.

1. Gegatso

Gegatso

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Hello, my friends-
    I think this was asked before, but I have yet to read a definitive answer. I'm wanting one to use for gigging small/medium places (not that large) with a 3 piece band doing blues/rock. I normally play through a 500 watt Phil Jones BG-400 with the external C4 cabinet (which gives you the full 500, otherwise I just use the main cab which gives 350w) Anyway, I'm thinking of getting Crush 100 but there isn't one anywhere near me I can play, I don't know personally anyone who has ever used one, and online vids don't show nearly enough info. Online articles say it can be used in venues up to 500 ppl w/o the line out - but have also read it is not powerful enough for more than a quiet restaurant band.
    If anyone has had true firsthand experience with one, please help. I've been playing 40 years and know specs and all that fun stuff. I'm just looking for some serious, honest advice on what you may have seen and heard. It'd be much appreciated.
    Sorry for the long post on such a short question.

2. Heavy Blue

Heavy Blue

Nov 11, 2017
    Prairie Canada
    I think you may need more power for that scenario. Especially if your drummer is heavy handed.

Gegatso likes this.
  3. If you were a pimply kid you would be getting a chorus of ''needs more of everything".

But you are mid 50's or more. It might work, or it might be woeful. Based on various adventures of all sorts of amps and cabs big and small but none 100w SS.

Looking at the price of the thing I'd say that might be another reason you haven't had more replies. Wow. Keep shopping.

4. Gegatso

Gegatso

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah I'm thinking the OB1-300 Combo might be a better Orange combo at 300 watts. I'm sure the 100 watt crush has more power to it than a full solid state, but the OB1 being all analog has to be a loud one on top of being clean with the ability to dial in just the right amount of dirt.

Also, as Heavy Blue stated, I do have a heavy handed drummer and we do like to play a tad on the louder side -- not stupid loud, but not where anyone in the house would be straining to hear any part of the band.

Thanks so much for the replies. I guess the Crush is just a large boat anchor for those who want to have an Orange amp but no skills to use it with a band...or band at all.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2021