1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Crush 35B bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dog1, May 1, 2009.

1. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Has anyone ever tried the Orange 35B SS bass combo? I'm looking for something cheap to use around the house, and want to avoid Behringers and the like.

Since I have great stuff that I use for rehursal and gigs, I am mostly wondering about the tone of this little bugger. Even while playing at home, it's hard to put up with crappy tone.

2. You may want to have a look at the Acoustic B20. I understand that it has great tone and can get quite loud for a 20 watt'er..

3. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    I have owned and played through an Orange Crush 35B for almost 3 years and I think its a great practice amp. The 12inch speaker gives it a nice mid range sound although I think it can sound boxey at times. But hey its a practice amp not a main stage or recording amp. All and all I have no real complaints other then I wish it was about 60-100 watts as I could use it as a grab and go jam/band practice amp where a lot of volume was not nessessary.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    As an at-home solo practice amp, I think those little Orange Crush amps are tops. Good tone for a solid state amp, alot like my little Ampeg BA112.

5. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks guys. I will give it a try.

6. ill sell you mine! but id have to get membership first, and im broke atm :(

7. BassFunker

BassFunker

Jul 2, 2011
    does anyone know where to actually get one? i've been searching for one for hours now, none on ebay, none on amazon and none on adverts.ie (i'm irish by the way). they seem to be hard to find and i'm looking for one. does anyone know any shops in ireland that stock this paticular model?