1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange crush 50bxt vs. Fender rumble 30w

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maayana, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Maayana

Maayana

Dec 25, 2017
    Hello! Fresh new bass player here, just started learning... I found 2 secondhand amps that cost the same and was wondering which one should I get, as I don't really have the ear or technical knowledge nececary to make that choice yet. I need it mostly for practice at home and jams and hopefully rehearsals soon. Would greatly appreciate your help

P.s
    Sorry if my english is bad!

Linnin likes this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Welcome to TalkBass, @Maayana, and Merry Christmas to you. Good first post and an excellent question. You have found two good combos from which to choose. I normally recommend Fender Rumble for tone/sound quality and reliability. In this case the Orange has the upper hand at 50 watts and a 12" speaker vs the 30 watts and 10" speaker of the Rumble. If they are equal in appearance; condition, and price, then the Orange is the one to pick. Buying a used amp is a lot like buying a used car, so be careful. Play through both of them and make sure everything works properly and sounds OK. Get the one you like best.

Jim C likes this.
  3. Maayana

Maayana

Dec 25, 2017
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome and advice, and happy holidays!

Datsgor and Linnin like this.