1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange Crush bass 50 volume

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danjohnson, Mar 16, 2017.

1. danjohnson

danjohnson

Aug 31, 2016
    I switched from guitar to bass six months ago (one of the best choices ive made) and the amp that I have which i bought to practice is the rumble 25 but now I am looking to upgrade and I am thinking about getting the crush 50 but I dont know if the volume will be enough to play with a drummer, not a loud drummer obviously. has anyone ever tried it?

2. In my mind a 100W amp is not much more than a practice amp.

3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Start with 200 watts, but preferably 300-500 to have sufficient headroom.

4. danjohnson

danjohnson

Aug 31, 2016
    thanks

5. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    It is a fine practice amp, but nowhere near powerful enough to play with a drummer.

6. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    If you love orange bass amp tone , should go atleast orange 100 combo.
    The 50watts sound getting suck after the volume knob more than 12o'clock.
    I prove this because I have try at GC before I get the Hartke KB15 .
    Hope help.

7. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    wattage is a factor and so is speaker area and you can get further with more speaker area. 80% of bass players could be happy with 2x15 or 4x10. and with low wattage ive covered a drummer with a 810 and 100watts. just if you willing and able to carry that much speaker. id definitely use a single 15" speaker if i had a combo that is a more efficient speaker. or look for a used 2x15, 410 or 810 if your looking to cover a drummer and dont wanna keep buying combos or combinations that dont work. their is older peaveys hartkes and gk heads that are in the 200 watt range or more for under or around 200 bucks. likewise used 2x15s can go for around 200 as well.