1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange Crush CR25BX vs Cort GE30B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nick_wolf1, Dec 29, 2011.

1. nick_wolf1

nick_wolf1

Dec 29, 2011
    Hi there!

I'm headed to my first bass purchase and I'm puzzled which amp to choose.
    My bass of choice is Cort Artisan C4H.
    The amps in the shortlist are:
    Orange Crush CR25BX and Cort GE30B.
    I was considering Ampeg BA108 too but the local Ampeg dealer doesn't have it in-stock and the item is available by special order only which means more waiting.
    I've checked the Cort combo with Cort C4H bass and it sounded great. Checked it with Yamaha BB414 too. It's 30W and has 10" speaker, built-in compressor (non adjustable), and dedicated passive/active input sockets.
    The Orange is 25W and has 8" speaker. Couldn't find "official" confirmation but found a comment in the net that it also had non adjustable built-in compressor. The orange lacks the dedicated passive/active inputs.
    The Cort has slightly richer set of controls.
    So, would you give me some recommendations, please.
    I'm going to use the gear solely at home, for practice and playing along. No bands, no jams, no gigs are intended:)

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Use your ears to decide. Nothing else matters really.

3. nick_wolf1

nick_wolf1

Dec 29, 2011
    I loved the sound of C4H played through Cort GE30B combo.
    Plus the combo has effects loop, dedicated active/passive inputs and 10" speaker.
    Haven't tried the Orange though but read quite positive reviews. I'm going to try how does it sound nevertheless.
    What bothers me most about the Orange is the 8" speaker and the single input jack.
    Just hoped that somebody on this forum might share some feedback regarding reliability, build quality, etc.