1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Crush PiX 25BX, good enough?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by unaimon, Mar 26, 2013.

1. unaimon

unaimon

Jul 21, 2012
    I have been looking for a good amp with a low price to practice at home and heard some good things about this amp. So my question is, is it worth it? and if it isn't what alternatives do I have? (Price/Quality like the orange)

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If all you need is a bedroom practice amp, ANY small combo will do. But, if you're looking to jam with friends, forget it. Also, what something is worth, can only be determined by the buyer.

3. +1

IMHO such a small amp is never "worth it".

4. unaimon

unaimon

Jul 21, 2012
    yeah, that's what I need it for so I think it will do it, I will have the chance to try it before buying so will see if it's the one I am looking for, thanks!

5. Red1

Red1

Nov 10, 2013
    I just recently purchased this small bass amp a few days ago. Easy to tote around and has decent volume. It does what it needs to do and it also sounds great imo. Yes it's true it won't cut it when it comes to playing gigs and such that's why it's called a practice amp. This amp roughly goes for around $180. Crate and Peavy also makes decent inexpensive amps as well but I would just shop around to see what works for you and fits your budget.