Orange Fender Jazz bass vector drawings?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RacingBeat, May 4, 2005.

1. The bridge looks like it's a non-adjustable acoustic bridge, and the A string is thicker than the E. :p

Overall, I like it. I think it's pretty good.

Keep at it.

Ars gratia artis! :cool:

Mike :)
  2. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I would assume you are using Illustrator (If not you are a heathen!). Work with adjusting the ancor points on the paths to get the angles and curves you want. Also you don't always have to have the paths be complete to get the look your going for. I have been using that program for a little over 2 years and it can be tricky but it can be done! Keep at it, man.
  3. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Yeah I don't know how much experience you have but it sounds like you're just doing this for the first time. (less than a year of experience?) That's pretty good for just looking at it and doing it. If you can learn gradients they help a ton. I actually thought you might have found my webpage when I first saw the subject. I did this for a class. I could have spent a lot more time, but it's ok. If you want to make it look almost exactly the same just put one on top of the other in Illus. and do it each tiny section at a time. Takes a while, but it's a good end result.
  4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I like the look too! Nice job.
  5. I love playing with vector graphics. I use Inkscape (it's free and open source!) and it's so easy to use. I haven't done any basses, but I wanted to say that the Lakland you did looks great!

6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I like the abstract-ness of it! :)