Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange Fender questions...(wanting to see a color)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by merc50, Jul 5, 2005.

1. First, has anyone ever seen an American Deluxe Jazz Bass in Candy Tangerine?

I saw the color listed on the web site but I have not found anyone that owns one on the web and no store I have talked to has had one.

I asked about ordering one in that color but they told me they would not deal on an ordered one...any suggestions (provided I like how it looks) on how to get it and what to pay?

Also, I have a Hot Rod P Bass in Sunset Orange Transparent and I was wondering if anyone else had one and if they have ever tried any other pick up cover color combos...white, pearl white, parchment?

Heck, does anyone else have one like mine at all?

2. I've seen one before and it's a really cool color. You might try running a Google image search for "candy tangerine bass", or something like that.

As far as pickguards go, pearl looks good, as does black.

3. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    There are a couple of auctions on ebay with fender items with the Candy Tangerine color you're asking about. I'd flip through a couple and sort of make an average of what the real color may be (pics slightly vary in color).

Candy Tangerine on eBay

I played a J bass in the Sunset Orange Transparent just yesterday at a music store, and really loved the color up close. (I've been debating in getting one in that color).

I'd personallly put a black pickguard on it, especially if it had Rosewood... but that's just me.

4. [​IMG]

5. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    OOOh, I have been GASing for one of those. I dig that transparent color. nice.

6. I have an MIA P-bass in Sunset Orange Trans.

[​IMG]

I tried a black guard on it, but didnt really like it much.

7. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I think taht a pg in general is an insult to that bass, my opinion though fwiw.

8. Sunset Orange would probably go very well with a light white pearloid guard.

Candy Tangerine was once offered on the American Deluxes, but to my knowledge, it's not part of the current line. You may still find one thats NOS or just still hanging around at a music shop, but no more are being made at the moment.

9. I was thinking a tort at one point...just never got around to putting one on.

10. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    My Jazz is that color and I really like it. I thought about adding a Tort or Pearloid pickguard, but didn't. Strangely enough, I could never find one that fit without drilling extra holes (is that normal). The tort looked a bit strange, though honestly I think it takes me some getting used to for any pickguard change. Anyway - it is a cool color. It brings out the grain of the ash. Seems like mine is a nice chunk of wood. I have seen several since and they haven't been as nice...

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    To me that color looks like it wouldnt look good with the usual pickguards that i dig, ie: black and tort.

I think plain white or white pearloid aare the best for that.

12. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Ithink that tot would be perfect for that. paron me, i've had a few beers. hiccup :p