Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange flavored toothpaste.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Dec 19, 2004.

1. "Morbid curiosity" isn't the right term, but it's the first one that comes to mind.

For some reason I bought this new advanced mega ultra aquafresh toothpaste or somthing. It's selling point is that it has "micro-foaming action," or something to that effect. It is important to note that this toothpaste is not advertized as tasting like oranges.

So I guess "micro-foaming action" is a fancy scientific way of saying, "it tastes like oanges."

If I had known, I would not have bought it. But now I'm going to use it. As terrible as it is, I've been using it for over a week now. :mad:

2. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    are you saying that it tastes bad??

3. Well, yeah. It's bad. They could have at least warned me.

I like oranges, orange juice, etc. This is like a bad metalic orange replica flavor, probably highly volatile....I wouldn't recommend it.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The actual flavor is Mint Experience.

5. I don't remember it saying anything like that on the package. Perhaps there are a variety of products w "micro-foaming action" or whatever. The product I'm talking about comes in a silver thing.

6. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    so it didnt say anything about tasting like oranges?

then lo and behold youve got orange toothpaste!?

7. embellisher

Yeah, I just found out that it comes in three flavors, but none of them is listed as orange. That doesn't mean that yours doesn't taste like orange.

It comes in Original, Mint Experience, and ( :rolleyes: ) Empowermint.

Maybe the original flavor is orange?

Which reminds me. You ever drink orange juice immediately after brushing your teeth?:eek: I guess the figured some people wanted that experience in a tube.

How long until somebody makes a Turkey and Gravy flavor toothpaste?

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I use orange toothpaste. Mmm.

I also just discovered the Grapple (pronounced Grape-ul)

9. I guess I got "original." It seems like they may have made it taste like a bad orange imitation accidentally, and then actually failed to notice the similarity. Or perhaps I'm weird for thinking there is any such similarity. For now there's no telling, but as curious as I am to see if others agree, I still can't recommend it to anyone.

Perhaps years from now, dentists will view the birth of microfoaming action as one of the most important innovations in their feild and all that good stuff.

10. embellisher

I will tell you one thing. When I first opened the tube and squeezed some of it onto my toothbrush, and saw the color, I was like 'eeewwww!!!!!'

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I want my minty toothpaste. Screw progress.

12. I agree. And you know, I hate mints.

13. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Sue.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    dont use toothpaste... just take some soup and put it on your finger... then brush away... thats how real men do it...

15. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i like cinnamon toothpaste.
    i bought like 10 tubes home from la :p

16. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I have had apple tooth paste. Now that is bad. Wake up in the morning, have a slice of toast, have a glass of apple juice, then wash your teeth with apple flavour tooth paste. It just isnt right!

17. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I had some orange flavored tooth paste and its terrible. This was labled as orange though. I just went back to the normal mint and its much better.

18. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  19. I like the purple toothpaste with the dinosaur and airplane on the label, though I don't agree with the advertising, "just for kids" my arse.

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO bubble gun toothpaste??? those are GOOOOOOD... its like sweet, so thats bad for you, yet its good for you! but its hard not to eat it:(