1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange guit*r tube amp for bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Still waiting to get my SVT3 back so tonight for my gig my friend is going to let me try out his vintage Orange amp..all tubes...and hook it up to my SVT410HLF....it will do 4, 8, and 12 ohms...obviously I will be using it on 4 to match my cab.

Has anyone ever done this before? Suggestions?

2. I have used Orange in the past. They made good amps back in the day.

Paul

3. I used to play through old OR120 (no gain-master knobs) for some time, old blues/hardrock stuff in my dads band. It has nice character to it, but not much clean headroom. It used to break-up pretty soon, so the usable clean volume could not keep with moderately loud drummer and Marshall half stacks (but those old guys played kinda louder than I appretiated). On the other hand, it had plenty of mojo and sounded really good when not pushed too far. I ended up selling it to some guitarist and quit the band as I moved to the other side of the pond... Hope you will enjoy playing through it

4. Just got my SVT3 back...blown tube. :)