Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange Heads/Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Anyone every heard of/used these? I was at a show last night where a guy was using a a Orange Head and a 2x10 cab and a 1x15 cab. Sounded damn good!!! He was playing a Rick 4001 with it. I did find their website: Orange

The head and cabs were neat looking, all the same color as a real orange....

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    if u like orange check out green's. They are supposed to be similiar but better.

www.Greenamps.com

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm gonna agree that you should check out the Greens. They are exact recreations of the Original Orange amps. The newer Oranges haven't stayed as true to the Originals. You may be able to find one of the older ones at a decent price, as they haven't sky-rocketed yet like Marshalls, but if you do find an older one, be careful of the Power Transformer in it. They were kinda notorious for being bad.

4. mecha hooch

mecha hooch Guest

Jan 15, 2002
    jacksonville,fl
    but , was turned off when my buddy peeled the sticker off the front of his green only to find what was really powering his cabs an orange...true story...big, big sound...nice if you got the $$$$$

5. Hey... you gotta luv their wallpaper. :cool:

6. Sounds like you were at the Guided By Voices show with me.

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yeah I was there!!! GBV rules!! Opening band was not that great but that bass sounded good!

8. I'm with you on that one. I've never liked Dead Meadow, and was not looking forward to seeing them.