orange ibanez mikro bass on sale at musiciansfriend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcake, Mar 21, 2017.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    in my wanderings i came across the orange mikro bass, which is quite nice in person, on sale for $30 off the regular price of $179.

Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Short-Scale Bass Guitar
    if it doesn't default to orange, just choose it in the dropdown . IMO roadster orange is the most fun of all the mikro colors. i have the green, which is pretty spiffy, but the orange really pops in person.

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

DOH!

I wanted this, made the order, sat & thought about it, and then canceled.
    I just got the bass ukulele yesterday. It's not worth saving $30 to rush myself.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

The Ibanez look doesn't do much for me, all plain and smooth and wobbly, kinda reminds me of the old splatty Nickelodeon logos.

IMG_0260.JPG

Gotta hand it to the Mikro, though. Mad love for anyone who gives people so many cool color options to express themselves with. Tons of character in that line.

--^@

pcake and Killed_by_Death like this.
  4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Glad I pulled the ripcord on that purchase, as I just discovered the Walnut model this afternoon:

GSRM20B_WNF_2Y_01.png

5. OldFunBass

OldFunBass

Nov 5, 2016
    Florida
    I like that Roadster Orange Metallic. Cool color, unusal. Don't know much about the Mikro's (never played or even held one), but that seems like a pretty good price.

pcake and Killed_by_Death like this.
  6. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    the colors come and go, though - i wanted a red red one, but they discontinued it.

the black hardware looks really nice on that!

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  7. Gabe7539

Gabe7539

Jan 18, 2016
    The mikros play pretty well. I have the 5-string version. The neck is a bit beefier than the typical ibanez but a little thinner than a regular 4-string neck. One can access pretty much anywhere on the neck. 16.5mm string spacing, it's real easy to play chords and can stretch fingers an extra fret compared to a regular size bass. There's one section in "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" which is fairly difficult for me on a 5-string P bass so I'm upgrading the mikro with an SPB-3 because it's really easy to play on that.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  8. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Been wanting a Mikro for awhile now. Gonna roll with the 5er, seems like a fun little bass to start getting my 5 string game together.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021