Orange Kongpressor 'squash' knob question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hachimitsu, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Hachimitsu

Hachimitsu

Jun 6, 2019
    New Zealand
    I just got this pedal yesterday, it's my first time using a compression pedal. There is a 'squash' control which the manual says controls the amount of compression. The markings around the knob imply that fully counter-clockwise is least squash/compression, and fully clockwise is the most squash/compression.

It also seems to boost the signal ie much more volume comes out when the dial is turned clockwise. Is this how compressors usually work? I expected more compression to result in reduced total output.

There are also output volume, attack, release and 'chime' (essentially treble) controls. Any pointers much appreciated, the manual is very basic.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    From your description it sounds like they designed it with make-up gain applied automatically, in addition to the output volume control. Most compressors do not have that feature, but a few do.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022