1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Micro Terror cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TK Nicholas, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:57 AM.

1. TK Nicholas

TK Nicholas

May 31, 2018
    Hey guys!

I've recently ordered an Orange Micro Terror 20W amp head,

Micro Terror Head – Orange Amps

I loved the bright orange tone it gives off with bass and it's surprisingly hot for such a small amp, anyway, I've been wondering about a cab for it? How's the Orange PPC108?

PPC108 1 x 8″ Closed Back Speaker Cabinet – Orange Amps

(the dedicated cab for the micro terror), should I just go with that?

I've got an old Elvis MKII 250W 8ohms huge cab with a speakon port(its originally a PA cab connected to a really powerful stereo power amp), ill need a PL to Speakon cable/ adapter such as this one :

https://sprzet-dyskotekowy.pl/pol_pl_Kabel-glosnikowy-Speakon-NL2-Jack-6-3-10m-13160_1.jpg

to connect it to the Micro Terror, so before I rush off to buy an adapter, should I just save up and buy the dedicated cab? I have no idea how my micro terror will sound with my Elvis cab, I don't mind the volume much since im looking for a bedroom rig.

So overall question is should I get the orange PPC108? or stick with the Elvis MKII and hope it sounds well?

Budget is tight!

Sorry if im ignorant about these topics, just recently got into the whole sound aspect.

2. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    Well if you have the orange already and the Elvis. Try them together before spending any extra money.

Kro likes this.
  3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Assuming you've chosen to play bass through a guitar head on purpose, don't use that cab. I've played through one and it sounded like hot garbage. No low end and all. And that was with a standard tuned guitar. It would be beyond useless even for living room practice on bass.

4. TK Nicholas

TK Nicholas

May 31, 2018
    You're talking about the dedicated orange cab, right?