Orange OBC115 pics and measurements of the inners?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theDogger, Aug 30, 2018.

1. theDogger

theDogger Guest

Aug 30, 2018
    Looking for some help...recently started playing the Bass trying to add to my skill. I use to be a kitchen cabinet maker and have made several of my own cabinets for my guitar playing.

I am on a mission to make a Orange OBC115. The main dimension are not an issue...Looking for the following:

1- Inner measurement of the port width opening?
    2- Length of 3 the port dividers? How deep into the cab do they go?
    3- Distance of the 3 port dividers from the front?
    4. Length of the 3 dividers inner vertical support?
    4- Any pics of the interior of the cab would be great.

Ill post pic as I move through the build orange-obc-115.png Cheers

-B

2. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    The OBC115 is more or less an EV TL606 cabinet with aesthetic tweaks, which the plans are readily available for. The stock driver is an Eminence Kappa 15A from their American Standard series of drivers.

I have one and swapped for an Eminence Kappalite 3015 for weight, tone (Kappalite has a wider frequency response), and power handling reasons. They also do not have any stuffing/lining in the cabinet so I added a layer of polyfill, too. This helps cut down on standing wave reverberations in the cab and cleans up the midrange. Orange also makes these out of rather dense/thick plywood. If you use thinner plywood and add a few braces, the cabinet would be substantially lighter.

3. theDogger

theDogger Guest

Aug 30, 2018
    I saw those plane but the dim are a lot different. I would use 13 ply void-less birch. Not worried about weight this will also help much more with the bass being much more tight. Less flex!

Once I get the dimension figured out I plan on making this a 2x15

OBC115
    24.41 x 20.37 x 18.31
    TL606
    19.25 x 23.75 x 17

I am more concerned with the ports/slots measurements and how the inside looks

Here is a replica of a Orange ppc112 that I built recently

but thanks

-B

4. theDogger

theDogger Guest

Aug 30, 2018
    BFG-112-1.jpg BFG-112-5.jpg BFG-112-4.jpg

Calexia13 and voided3 like this.
  5. theDogger

theDogger Guest

Aug 30, 2018
    Any one else?