Orange SP212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guy2506, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'd like to invest in a small rig and I've come across an add for the new Orange loudspeaker the so-called Smart power Isobaric technology.
    I'm interested in the SP212 (two 12'' speakers inside). I'd like to have your opinions about that cab... I'm a bit worried that there's no tweeter inside...
    In Europe it costs about 600 Euros.

2. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    It's not a standard 2x12.

It's a box that sized as a typical 1x12, but it actually has two speakers inside.

I believe the reason is to generate low frequencies from a smaller box.

Frankly, a properly ported, sized, ported .... ok, designed ... 1x12 cabinet will go just as low and you won't have to carry the weight of two speakers.

However, I feely admit I've never heard one. I'm just not sold on the design.

If you do a search you will find lots of info on this cab.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    +1. If you need the output of a 1x12 but from a smaller cab, and you don't mind paying what most companies charge for a 4x12, it's a valid choice. But if you need the output of a traditional full size 2x12 you'll need to buy two of these.

4. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    a 4x12 for 600€ in Europe ?
    Point me the way !!! :p

You'll barely get a 2x12, other than the bottom range GK and like.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
  6. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021