1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Terror 1000 reviews?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KrisWarrington, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Since kustom discontinued the groove line I was looking into alternatives in case my head goes down. I stumbled across the Orange Terror 1000 but couldn't find any videos or reviews that gave a good breakdown of the tone. I usually don't mess with anything that has a tube in it but Orange has a pretty good reputation. Any thoughts on the 1000 or the 500?

2. 77PBass

77PBass Banned

Dec 5, 2007
    nyc
    I had a 500, I loved it. Great sound, more power than I could use, great form factor. I sold it to buy a WAS. I love the WAS but miss the TB500 too.

3. The one thing I did notice is they don't make any rack mountable bass heads. Does it have more of a vintage sounding tone or a more modern?

4. Yorick

Yorick

Nov 10, 2006
    It's exactly the same pre-amp/eq section as the TB500, with a shed load more headroom. I've used the TB500 for over two years as my main amp.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    We reviewed the Terror Bass 500 in BGM issue #6, and it performed exceptionally well in our bench tests, and sounds great. I have heard the Terror Bass 1000 on several occasions, and it's just more of the same - which is a good thing! That 500 is hella loud, though, too.

6. I like how the pages flip, fancy.

7. rulyongo

rulyongo

May 5, 2011
    Carolina, PR
    The Terror bass 500 has been my main head for almost two years and I couldn't be happier... If it was available when I bought the 500 I would have gotten the 1000...