1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Tiny Terror 1000 + Bergantino HT112ER

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassflute, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Incredible. Tight, punchy, PROFOUNDLY deep, warm, tubby, rich, tons of headroom, fantastic sound. I MIGHT actually like it MORE than my IP...no Hi-pass involved, and you can certainly feel that bottom octave, and certainly NO compression or limiting, HUGE dynamics.

And I tried the big tube 200 watt...meh...too much squash and crapping out at higher levels...they're nice, but the Tiny Terror is incredible!

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Cheers,
    Cameron

2. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Interesting. I run my HT112ER with my Markbass as a small rig but have never tried this combination. I do own an AD200B and actually quite like it through the HT, so hmmmm..... Certainly the HT is my all time favorite small cab.

3. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    I got to try a Bass Terror while visiting Dublin the year before last and was quite impressed...always wondered how it'd sound with my Berg 1x12's.

4. mr.black

mr.black

Mar 4, 2008
    new666jersey
    oh my I LOVE THE TINY TERROR! i use them at our rehearsal studio and you just plug in and BAM! instant inspiration playing through an ampeg 8x10.

I'm thinking of wussing out and getting the 500w version to run through my eden 4x10xlt. either way but my new head will be ORANGE!

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I bet that combo would sound quite nice. :cool:

6. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    This is a small ;) thing-
    But the "Tiny" Terror are guitar amps-
    The "Terror Bass" are the bass amps-no "Tiny" in the name!
    (Yes I'm nit-pickin'!- but it makes me nuts!)

I love my 500w through my Ampeg 8 x 10
    Also use it as my living room amp w/ a 1 x 15

7. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    fixed.

Cheers,
    Cameron

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I had the TerrorBass500 for a while.
    While it's tone wasn't my personal thing; it was 500 really strong watts.
    TerrorBass1000?

That's, like, what: twice as much, right?

9. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    I was really looking into possibly getting the 500w version of the Orange Terror Bass to pair it with my Mesa/Boogie PH610 cab. I love a little dirt and grit in my tone, but also relative clean and middy tones as well when I need them.

10. Twentyhouse

Twentyhouse

Dec 27, 2010
    Damn man, did you do that in your head?
    _
    MESA/Boogie 400+, Bag End PQ10BX-D
    MESA/Boogie Club #400, MESA/Boogie 400,400+ Club #8

11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I know my gazintas.

Two ganzinta four two times.
    Four gazinta eight two times.

Don't challenge my gazinta skilz.

12. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Yup...and it sounds even better. Headroom for days...clean, warm, rich tubby tone...sounds great flat.

Spends the extra $100.00 and get the 1,000 watter...it sounds better, it really does. Profoundly deep and punchy, and really warm.

What's long and hard on a bass player?

Grade 4 math!

Cheers,
    Cameron

13. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Hey Cameron, thanks for posting this! I would have never thought of that combination! Very interesting! Compact, easy to move, fantastic sound. I love those three things!

I'll bet the Terror Bass 1000 would sound good through one of Jim's new HD112 cabs. It's the same woofer as the HT112ER, just a different driver for the highs.

"Hmmmm" (as I brush my hand across my chin)

14. GRoberts

GRoberts

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Wound up picking up an Orange TB500H yesterday. The Orange rep was visiting my local shop while I was there. Well, they made a deal that was incredibly sweet! I love the blend of old school tone with modern design sensibilities. Getting more warm, fat low end with just the right amount of high end for slaps/pops when needed.

I have a Bergantino AE410 that will be superb, but I am trying to downsize to a rig that can do small, medium, 'or' larger gigs if I need more punch. thinking about a Bergantino HD112 (pair) or maybe Aguilar DB112's. Probably prefer the Bergantino's since I've always had great experience with Jim's amazing cabs!

15. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    I have always been interested in the 500w version of the Terror Bass, however have yet to get my hands on one. From the reviews I have read and demo videos I have watched it seems like a pretty solid little amp.

16. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Grats! That is an awesome little head! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:

17. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    I had a similar "oh my god" moment when I plugged in my new Aguilar DB750 through my Bergie HT 1x12ER last night. Wow! Those cabs can do the quick, small gig, micro head thing extremely well, but a giant tube based head is a whole new world through them. Fat, full and deep...love it!

18. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I've got a couple of Acme Sound Full-Range 1x12 cabs that I'd love to try with a Terror Bass 1000. At first glance, this might not seem like a great combination. But with the Orange's ability to provide gobs of tonal "color" to the Acmes' neutrally-voiced "blank canvas", and with the Acmes' ability to handle the Orange's raw power, I'll bet it would sound surprisingly good. :cool:

MM

19. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Hmmm... I may have to break out my series speaker cable and run my two 4-ohm Acmes (Flatwound and Full Range) off of my TB1000 set to 8-ohm mode. Great idea! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:

20. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    So how many watts would your Acmes draw from the Terror Bass 1000 in series mode? 500 watts total?

Let us know how it sounds!

MM