1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange Tiny Terror 500 for Ampeg SVT 3 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guilt, Jul 20, 2012.

1. guilt

guilt

Jul 20, 2012
    Hey all,

I want to ask your professional opinion since I want to replace my Ampeg SVT 3 Pro for Orange Tiny Terror 500. My current rig includes Ampeg Heritage 810 cab + Sansamp bass driver.

Why I consider replacing it? Because I go on tours and play the dozens of live shows. The TT could perfectly match my rig concerning the overall outcome of the sound, besides it'd make my life easier since it weights only 5kg.

Thanks for your attention and support!

:bassist:

2. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    You want terror bass, not tiny terror ;) thus TB500, the tiny terror is a guitar head.
    Any way, I'll think the Orange is the way to go, unless you love the Ampeg tone, then you should consider the PF500 or the 7pro.

3. We did a side-by-side comparison at our local music store, and the sound was about the same with a bit of tweaking on each amp. I switched to the Terror Bass because of the sound, weight, and ease of transport. i don't think you'll be disappointed.

4. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I use vintage tube gear period. Hwatts, Marshalls, Sound City and Ampeg. I bought The Terror bass as a light weight back up and for smaller venues. The Terror bass kicks total ass! Full thick meaty grindy tone. I love it so much i bought two 115 Orange cabs to go with it.

5. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    The irony is that the Terror Bass can handle any job the other vintage tube gear can, at least based on the BGM testing.