1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange Tiny Terror, Sadowsky, Bergantino combination

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KPO2000, Apr 28, 2010.

1. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Hi, I'm interested in the Orange Tiny Terror and just wondering how it would work with the combo of a Sadowsky bass and Bergantino HT112 cabs. Looking for something to contrast my Shuttle 6.0 set-up but still be good for funk and rock ala Larry Graham (fingerstyle, slap and pop, etal...) I don't want overdriven "fur" all day...just at the peaks. Any opinions?

2. Forget the Orange if don't want "fur" as that is its predominate voice. I'd suggest a Mesa Walkabout instead. :D Deceptively powerful and loud for it's rating, especially at 2 ohms where it is solid as a rock, can give a nice "clean-ish" modern-like tone but can also rock you all night long once you push the gain past noon, all the while delivering a seriously honest illusion of a full-tube amp. The para mid controls will give you significantly more sonic flexibility than the Orange and the prices are somewhat comparable - or better if you pick up the WB used. The tone of the Mesa WB is to die for with a Sadowsky and 12s (or 15s for that matter) and you just might find yourself ultimately ditching the Shuttle. IMO of course! :bassist:

3. On the contrary, i have one and the headroom is pretty phenominal.
    You mean the Terror Bass head, right? Or do you legit mean the Tiny Terror guitar head?

The only thing i would say that i don't dig about it is that when the pad is on the eq pretty much stops working

4. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Yeah, I was thinking of the Tiny Terror bass head. Thinking the 1000 W might give me more headroom. Will have to check that one out.