Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ogar, Nov 6, 2004.

1. It just happened I won auction for Orange OR 120 as a vintage amp for my dad's bluesrock project. I know, it is primarily guitar amp, or at least is used mostly by guitarists, but also I heard it can be used as a bass amp.
    I did search and found a very little informations about so... does anyone of you, guys, have experience to share?
    Thanks alot!
    Ogar

2. Jazzanova

Jazzanova

Oct 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I use it as an bass amp, and it sounds great. You don't get a vide diverstiy of sounds. But it makes that bass growling perfekt overdriven warm tube sound pefect for rock or blues for that mather. Test it and find out I recomend it. But not as an hifi bass amp but as what it is, a bad ass bass amp for that "one" sound.

3. Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to read :))))))!

4. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I've always wanted an Orange or a Matamp. Great find. Should sound awesome. If you're using it for a bass just make sure you use a bass cab.

5. Any other? Are you Experienced?

6. a friend of mine used to have a matamp for many years. he also had an svt-cl but prefered the orange. he used it with a 810 in some blues and rockbands he was in. the only problem was that it kept blowing tubes (1-2 times a year)and he sold it because of that.
    those orange are nice amps and sounds good for eather bass/guitar but it is a one sound amp and pretty dirty
    :)