1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ogar, Nov 6, 2004.

1. ogar

ogar Supporting Member

It just happened I won auction for Orange OR 120 as a vintage amp for my dad's bluesrock project. I know, it is primarily guitar amp, or at least is used mostly by guitarists, but also I heard it can be used as a bass amp.
    I did search and found a very little informations about so... does anyone of you, guys, have experience to share?
    Thanks alot!
    Ogar

2. Jazzanova

Jazzanova

Oct 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I use it as an bass amp, and it sounds great. You don't get a vide diverstiy of sounds. But it makes that bass growling perfekt overdriven warm tube sound pefect for rock or blues for that mather. Test it and find out I recomend it. But not as an hifi bass amp but as what it is, a bad ass bass amp for that "one" sound.

3. ogar

ogar Supporting Member

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to read :))))))!

4. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I've always wanted an Orange or a Matamp. Great find. Should sound awesome. If you're using it for a bass just make sure you use a bass cab.

5. ogar

ogar Supporting Member

Any other? Are you Experienced?

6. a friend of mine used to have a matamp for many years. he also had an svt-cl but prefered the orange. he used it with a 810 in some blues and rockbands he was in. the only problem was that it kept blowing tubes (1-2 times a year)and he sold it because of that.
    those orange are nice amps and sounds good for eather bass/guitar but it is a one sound amp and pretty dirty
    :)