Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange ....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Freakapotamus9, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    ......... has anyone every played out of an Orange amp??? ive only ever seen one once and it was broke. what do you guys think about these???

2. Orange amps are awesome. Sort of like an old SVT.

3. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I have a very old one... late 60's I guess.... oh so good... but she's on her last legs.. already rebuilt it twice

4. Very nice, point to point hand wired but the admission price is also very nice, a brand new one will set you back $2700, for that you can get an Eden Pre Amp and Eden 1000 watt amplifier, and a couple hundred dollars to spare for a cabinet.

Check out http://www.britgear.com/orange.htm or the alternative and just as expensive is Green Matamp at http://www.greenamps.com/heads.html, also hand made in England and the choice of Bass 120, 200 or 400, I would suggest the Bass 400 for a cool $2900, won't regret it. I wish I had the money though, mmmm, let's see, Matamp Bass 200 or an F Bass, you decide.

They are indeed sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

5. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves

Jul 16, 2001
    chicago, il
    Orange amps are great for guitar and bass. Too bad the prices are so steep. Somewhat hard to find in the US, too.

6. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    :rolleyes:

im not looking into buying one i just wanted to know what you guys think about them.

thanks for all the replies, keep em comin! :)

7. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    I've only played on one before and all I can say is wow. They sound great and the prices are HIGH. I was messing around on a used one and it was more than I could have ever guessed for something that was as beaten up as it was. Sounded awesome though.

8. Theeeeey're Greeeeaaaat! Very warm and fuzzy, not as driven as an SVT. The guitar head through an 8x10 is killer!