Orchcastral Camps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by mcnaire2004, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Are there any good bass &/or orchestra summer camps? I am looking for something that could be under 2000$. I have searched the forums and I have searched the web and I have limited results. I don't really care how long it last. Preferably, it would last between 3-5 weeks. Can anyone help?
  2. DonQuartz

Dec 18, 2004
    "Orchcastral Camps"? Sounds painful. Trying to improve your upper register?
  3. GirlBass

Jul 31, 2005
    New York
    interlochen or idyllwild maybe. I'm not sure how much interlochen costs or how long it is, but I believe Idyllwild is in the 2000 range. It's two weeks long and they play a final concert at Disney Hall in Los Angeles.
  4. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    Have you checked into Sewanee? I am not sure of the cost, but I went there for 3 summers and loved it.

After that, Brevard and Eastern are the others I would look into, but I think they are more $$.

5. I don't realy want to travel to for. LA is a long long way from Chattanooga.
  6. GirlBass

Jul 31, 2005
    New York
    well you're welcome for the advice. Interlochen is in Michigan, so that's not so far away from where you are. Also Brevard is in NC, as is Eastern music festival. Sewanee appears to be in your state, but by judging by your unwillingness to drive 100 miles to fix your bass, it seems like you don't want to leave your backyard. Good luck!
  7. Ummm...Interlochen is approximately 600 miles from chatanooga, Tennessee. I wouldn't consider that very close.
  8. GirlBass

Jul 31, 2005
    New York
    Well it's closer than Los Angeles. His original post didn't specify that it HAD to be in Tennessee, and it is a great camp for high school kids and it fit the general description of what he is looking for.
  9. kraid

Apr 11, 2003
    Interlochen is now six weeks. You get to study with Lawrence Hurst and Jack Budrow and play with a lot of great guest artists. I would recommend it if you're high school age (which begins at sophmore year or something). I don't really know much about the program for younger kids there or who teaches bass.