Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orchestral Accompanyment to Koussevitzky Concerto

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by JayR, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JayR

JayR

Nov 9, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey, everyone, first post. I've been reading this site for ages but I've just been too lazy to get an account.
    I'm having a slight problem. In may, I'm set to perform a concerto with my college orchestra. I was originally set to play the Dragonetti/Nanny concerto, at the orchestra director's request, but yesterday he approached me and asked me if I'd rather do the Koussevitzky instead. Being the eager young lad that I am, I went to work trying to find somewhere to purchase the orchestral parts for the piece. I had already found the Dragonetti at Ludwin Music, but I called him yesterday and he said he's never been able to find the parts anywhere. Have any of you had any luck? All the recordings I have seem to be different arrangements, and my favorite so far has been the one Gary Karr used on his recording he did back in the day, the one with the Dragonetti and Paganini's Moses Fantasy on it as well. I know Gunther Schuller did the orchestration of the dragonetti he used there, but I can't remember the name of who did the Koussevitzky. Any suggestions on tracking this down? Personal experiences? Help is much appreciated.
    :help:
    Jay

2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Last I knew it was available as a rental only. Try Luck's Music Library.