Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

order direct or through dealer?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I'm thinking about buying a new high end five string, but am confused about how to go around getting it. One of my options right now is a Kinal fiver. I had thought all along that the only way to get one was to order directly from him. But bassalone.com has a couple new Kinal basses on sale for a lot less than it would cost if I ordered the same basses directly from Kinal. Does anyone know how this all works? Like can I ask a place like bassalone to order a bass from Kinal and get it cheap, or do I have to order directly from Kinal and pay full price?

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Dealers get basses cheaper because they buy alot of em, so they can sell em @ a profit. If you want one bass, Kinal would probably charge you list price. A lot of conpanies do this. Some companies do the opposite & sell them alittle above cost. In your case see what the Dealer want to sell you the bass for & get the cheaper one. Either way you go, you will have the manifactures warranty. Good luck