Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordered a LeCompte! Show your Cocobolo basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fret-less Six, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Well folks, I decided to drop the hammer on a new custom. Check out the specs:

St-4
    Cocobolo top
    Ash body
    Birdseye Fretboard
    Spalted maple pickguard
    Nordstrand MM pickup
    Bartolini 2.4 a/p preamp (vol, treble, mid, bass) w/ 3-way coil switch

I was going for a music man type bass, with a really nice top wood...this'll be my main slapping bass...I just can't wait for it to be done!!!

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Your going to love your LeCompte! I love mine!!!

[​IMG]

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    how ever did you find such a sweet teeshirt? It's t3h w1n !!11!!one1!!.......The bass ain't too shabby either.

4. Quadzilla

Uh, that's Bud LeCompte in the pic. I don't have a digital pic of me playing it yet, only hard pics and some video from my last gig... Agreed, it is a very cool shirt (and bass too)!

5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    you n00b! :D :p Did/Can you put the videos up on TB? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing them.

6. Quadzilla

I can put one up on my ISP's server and attach a link here. I'll try to do that today or tomorrow.

7. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    And a fine bass it shall be. :)

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am not the greatest lover of luthery basses. but for sure i find really interesting what lecompte is doing.

obviously i am referring only to pictures since i have never seen a lecompte bass in person.

9. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    The bass is definetly cool BUT that shirt just says it ALL!...

~S~

10. Yeah...I pretty much saw Quad's bass and knew I had to have one

11. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    I'm sure your excited. I know I am. I will be ordering one from bud very soon.

12. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Find Bud that is, before me a local, yokel? I only discovered we had such a talented luthier in the Houston area cause of his post here on TB (commercial section) selling DR strings. I emailed Mr C about having the strings snail-mailed to me or if I could just drive out to pick em up. He is about 25 miles south of Houston, I'm about 25 miles north of Houston. He offered to send em out or give me directions to his place. Well I decided to try some flats on my bass so I went another way. Now that I think of it, should have driven down there just to see a bass luthiers shop first hand for the first time, would have been a cool experience. But maybe I'll get around to ordering me one of his basses and pick that sucker up in person for sure. :hyper: "Pearland or Bust!" Yeehaw!

13. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Yours will be interesting, not that they all aren't. I'll just have to remember to keep thinking backwards until I get to the stringing up part. :)

14. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Ernie, any time you want to come out I'll give you the grand tour, which ain't that grand really, but I get the job done.

15. Looks like you're going to be verrry busy Bud.... :)

16. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    ziricote and coco with maple or wenge centers!
    an orchestral tone like a stratavarius!
    Dont have finished pics of me wenge centered ziricote back coco top bebensee yet but this divinity is that shiznat.

17. That bass is sick... Who makes that?