Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordered a P-Bass Today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Usul, Apr 17, 2001.

1. I just ordered a mia `98 P-bass in near mint condition for $525.00 from the bass palace! :) OHSC included.

The color is not my fav,it`s metallic violet w/ white picguard but that`s the way it goes I guess.

I`m really stoked! :) It should be here in 6 days upon receipt of my money order.

http://www.basspalace.com/dynamic/displaybass/4StringBass/1081

Hey they also have a nice `75 p bass in nm cond. it is sunburst.They are asking 775.00 so it was out of my pricerange...

Laterz
    Usul

2. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    Nice!

I like the color. A white pearloid pickguard would make it even better. And no... i'm not gay. Not that theirs anything wrong with gay. :D

3. May it serve you well!

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That's a nice price for a good bass. Congrats, Usul!!

Is the Ergodyne going to an orphanage soon? ;)

I guess the finish kept the price down. You could always take it down to the wood and let that body breath tone with a little tung oil. I knew a guy who did that in the `70's. Little did he know that his pre-CBS would be sacred someday. But it did sound better for the type of music he was playing, (not punk).

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'm glad you finally picked! I hope you like it.

6. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Hey Usal,
    Geat pick. I think the color is pretty cool consittering its violet instead o' purple.

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Congrats.Nice Bass,good price.

8. hey, purple is the color of talkbass after all. ;)

9. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Not to ruin your day or anything but ive had one exactly the same in 9.999 condition up for sale here for 450 INCLUDING SHIPPING.Congrats anyway!

10. :( Dang Bernie!

I scanned the tb classifieds before I ordered and did`nt see it.Is it an mia?I would have preferred giving my business to one of my fellow tbers.

Oh well,what is a measly hundred dollars? *sobbing*

11. Yeah! I want a P-bass, but I can't afford a new bass at this time. ugh. maybe at the end of the summer, if I'm lucky.

12. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
  13. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

the mia is the key!!!

make sure you change those stock pick ups out though!!

(this is in ref. to the original post in this thread)

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, since the one that Max bought has EMGs, he doesn't have stock pickups to replace.:rolleyes:

Congrats, Max:), looks like you got a great deal if you paid that auction price or near it.

15. Question for Max. The bass is sweet but how can it have active pups if the electronics are passive? this doesn't work.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If it's a standard EMG setup, it has an active pickup and passive tone control.

And that's exactly what it looks like, as near as I can see in the tiny picture.

17. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I did pay the $305. That's without a hardshell case though. As for the pickups, the seller has told me that the EMGs are operated by a battery and that the bass was routed underneath the pickguard to accomodate the battery. I suppose I am taking a risk, it could be all hacked up and dug out like a swimming pool underneath the pickguard. My gut tells me it will be ok. Changing the battery will be a hassle. The battery is supposed to last a year though. I just really wanted one in that color and with the maple fret board.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Whoa...time out...to many players on the feild! Whatever happened to Mr. Ergodyne!?