Ordered a second Aguillar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Mar 17, 2006.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, I've been deciding on it for a few weeks, and I just ordered a second S 4x10 from Musician's Friend. It should be here sometime next week, and then I'll gig test it next Saturday. I can't wait.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA

I own two GS112's and one GS112NT (no tweeter). I play two with my regular rig and one at home. can you compare the "S" series with the "GS" series?? I heard they are different, but still quite good! and lighter...
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The GS410 has a firm, taught punch, plenty of lower mids, and some good agressive bite. Really cuts through, handles lots of power. You can EQ in as much low end as you want and it will take it, but it is a naturally tight sounding cab.

The S410 has a soft, warm, fat, squishy sound with subdued highs. A really comforting sound. I havn't had it on a gig yet, so I'll report back about whether or not that translates into boom on the gig.

I think your choice of cabs would depend on:

1) do you have a fat sounding head (GS) or a dry one (S)
    2) do you play a 5 string at high volume (GS)
    3) do you want to sound "in your face" (GS) or supportive (S)
    4) do you play loud (S) or insanely loud (GS).
  4. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Oh yea, the S is MUCH lighter and easier to carry, and NEW cost me about half of what the GS cost me USED.
  5. arent musicians friend selling the S 410s for like $400 thats a bargain if you ask me, i really want a good cab and this may be it.
  6. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Thats why I've got the one I have. $379 and some extra for shipping.