Ordered L2500 today...

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by AxtoOx, Mar 17, 2006.

1. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    After searching the web, checking out several places, and calling on what was in stock, to my disapointment the colors I wanted were not avail.:crying: A couple of places had them on their sites, but they were sold. I got a deal on the one I got, Natural Ash body, Maple Neck.
    I have quite a collection and don't have one like this so I'm putting the best face on, but some encouagement from some other owners wouldn't hurt.:smug:

BTW, the factory didn't have what I wanted either.
  2. lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    When you look at it with your ears, you will be totally satisfied. :D
  3. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I think natural ash looks great. Besides, it's the sound that really matters. Yeah, we all have looks that we like, but the sound and playability is what really matters.
  4. flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    Natural loopks great. What color were you looking for?
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'd wait and get what you want.

I've done it before and regretted it.
  6. coop

Jun 22, 2002

Special order exactly what you want. It's usually only about 3-4 months wait for G&L to make it for you.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I would say wait and get exactly what you want.
  8. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Blue burst or Red burst would have been nice. It got kinda complicated, I had already paid him for one at the factory, by the time he called it was gone. So he called me back with the options, I didn't like any of them but the natural was alright, but not my first or second choice.
    It'll be here Monday, if I don't fall in love I'll send it back an wait for another. It's not like I don't have anything to play.:rolleyes:
  9. tysonlb

Mar 9, 2006
    Long Beach, CA
    dude, wait until you get what you want. The G&L factory will make whatever you want. Tell the guy to call and not "request", but demand. If I can call G&L and give them a custom order, I know a dealer can, for sure.:bassist: :bassist:
  10. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I've been looking at it on the web and it's kinda growing on me, but I keep everything, so I still may just rather wait. He wasn't trying to push me, he was trying to save a sale after the other one I paid for fell through. I think I'll call him this morning and talk it over. I suppose as long as he knows what's going on I can just refuse delivery and send it right back.
  11. + 1

Its only 18 Weeks for me and I live in Australia - it can take up to 18 MONTHS to order a Musicman out here!!