1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ordered me a Bass-Drive!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OriginalCrash, Aug 15, 2007.

1. I did it! After having first discovered this pedal years ago, I'll finally be getting one. I spent the day rereading old threads about it and listening to clips just to make sure it's what I wanted... I should have been working. ;) For anyone hesitant about paying $200 for one, Fulltone's site has a couple new and warrantied but blemished units at considerably lower prices!

Brian

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Excellent. I love the Fulltone BD. Mine is always set to Comp Cut mode.

3. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I love mine. I keep it in the FM mode so that I can fully use both channels. Sounds fantastic. Comp Cut mode is really cool too but I like a little break up and in Comp Cut, the second channel gets too loud to use as its more like a boost.

Other than that, its the best overdrive for bass out there in my opinion

4. i love my 2....

5. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I use mine in compcut too I love it like that I set the second channel so that the boost is more of a dirt boost than a volume boost so my settings are quite low on the drive knobs

I recorded the demo of my band the day after I recieved it and I liked the tone directly

6. What is the Comp-Cut mode again? I remember reading more about it when I first heard about the pedal, but that was years ago. On here, I've mostly always read about FM (flat mids, as opposed to...) and Vintage (a mid boost, a la Tubescreamer). Is it predominately a clean boost, capable of getting just a little bit of grit?

Brian

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    yess it removes the diodes who clip (distort) the signal so the only distortion is the one from the op amp itself so the pedal acts as a dirty boost

8. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    All three modes are great sounding which is why the pedalis so useful to so many players. Awesome build quality too. If I could only have one overdrive pedal, this would hands down be the one!

9. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I'm finishing up on a TS type OD that is very similar to a FD2, including Mosfets ;). I hope to get it finished up this weekend.

10. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    The Bass Drive is a quality pedal but it's tone is not my color. I've owned two of them and gotten plenty of use out of them though.

11. The hard part is going to be having to wait for it. I should have it by next Tuesday... But it's been less than 24 hours since I ordered it, and I'm already getting impatient! And this is for a pedal! I don't think I'm made of the stuff it takes to wait for months on end for a custom bass...

Brian

12. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Thanks for the heads up Crash!

I just scored the last Blem Bassdrive for $120!

13. I got it today here at work! So I'll be enjoying it tonight at home and tomorrow at church...

Brian

14. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    That's a deal! I paid more than that for mine, used. Another fan of "comp cut" here...

If you think it sounds good with 9v, try 18v - whole new ball game. Lots of power supplies can do this including the DC Brick that I use.

15. Yeah, I got the same deal... blemished but otherwise new and warrantied 2007 Bass-Drive MOSFET for $120 plus shipping! The blemish? A tiny dent in the casing on the right side... that's it. I can't wait to get it home to try out.

Brian

16. Well, I got it, tried it, love it! Like several others on here, I've found that I'll be using it on CompCut most of the time. With it off, I can get a totally clean tone. With it on, I can add just a bit of "spark" with a light touch or dig in to get just a bit of grind. And then with the boost, I can get a pretty good overdrive that will cover most of my needs. That said, whenever I want more, I have PLENTY more with the other two modes and the combinations of the drive and boost knobs. Great pedal!

Brian