Ordered My First Custom-a Wishbass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Franklin229, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    This is going to be my second Wish bass, a copy of one that recently sold on eBay (actually sold for almost $900.00!!!). This is the "Hyper Bass" model, w/Ebony fingerboard, Mahogany neck, Walnut/Cypress body. I'll have it in about two months. I know that Wishnevsky is a little infamous with some folks on this forum-but I am psyched!!!
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    His basses get better every time. I like the body shape.
  3. Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN

That looks nice. Let us know how it plays.
  4. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Looks good for a wish :)
  5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Still loathe the headstock but the body is the coolest one I've seen yet. I wonder if the build details have improved.
  6. Franklin229

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Yeah, I really like the body style and most importantly the woods-ebony fingerboard, etc...I'll let folks know all about it when it arrives.
  7. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Except for the headstock, shape looks a lot like a Ritter..nice
  8. That's GREAT! I saw that bass on ebay and said to myself "now that's nice"...

My body style looks just like that one...I have the rear routed controls, as well...that wishbass pictured is a semi-hollow body (mine is solid). My bass looks nice, too...it is a beautiful piece of curly maple with purpleheart stringers and a purpleheart fingerboard.

As far as playability...it is great! I took out the old corian bridge saddle and replaced it with 4 bridge saddles taken out of an Indi bridge system that I picked up on ebay for $15. Now I can adjust height on each string individually as well as intonation. (Looks cool too).

By the way...I only paid $300 for my wish...I think it was a BARGAIN!

I'm in the slow process of refinishing it (brushed lacquer = YUK) and I am replacing that hideous knob with a chrome dome one. (Actually I am planning on putting a P-bass wiring kit in it, complete with tone control).

Oh yeah...almost forgot...I LOVE MY WISHBASS! :bassist: :bassist:

As wishnevsky always says "Keep on rockin'"

9. +1

10. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    as much as i greatly despise wishbasses (philbara knows this) i did play one and despite the Horrible build quality and extreme bad hum and the side dots were uneven nails that were still pointy, i would get it because it weighed like 4 pounds and the guy wanted $200 for it. so when i get it, it will get a LOT of mods. i will take pics of its horridness...

To Be Continued...........
  11. I will definitely be looking out for your posts of your horrible wishbass. I think you are beginning to understand the true beauty of wishbasses...THEY'RE CHEAP...:) Excellent for a project bass/beater bass/wall art :D

I was really quite satisfied with mine from the start (except for the finish and the bridge and the tuning pot)...but I'll have <$100 additional into it when I'm done and I'll be a very happy camper.

BrowneBass_210, a wishbass owner...who could have imagined it? :cool:

PS I want to see pics after the LOTS of mods, as well :)
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Somebody paid $900 for a Wish? He should've hung out around here a little.
  13. Franklin229

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Wish already has the walnut and neck woods ready to go. I told him to pretty much get as close to the bass pictured as possible. I wanted the vol knob to match the tuners- black as a preference. I ordered mine without any finish-going to do an oil finish once it arrives. As far as mods are concerned, I am going to take it one step at a time. My last Wish was really good out of the "cardboard" box-although your bridge solution sounds pretty
  14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!