Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordered My First Custom-a Wishbass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Franklin229, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    This is going to be my second Wish bass, a copy of one that recently sold on eBay (actually sold for almost $900.00!!!). This is the "Hyper Bass" model, w/Ebony fingerboard, Mahogany neck, Walnut/Cypress body. I'll have it in about two months. I know that Wishnevsky is a little infamous with some folks on this forum-but I am psyched!!!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    His basses get better every time. I like the body shape.

3. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN

That looks nice. Let us know how it plays.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Looks good for a wish :)

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Still loathe the headstock but the body is the coolest one I've seen yet. I wonder if the build details have improved.

6. Franklin229

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Yeah, I really like the body style and most importantly the woods-ebony fingerboard, etc...I'll let folks know all about it when it arrives.

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Except for the headstock, shape looks a lot like a Ritter..nice

8. That's GREAT! I saw that bass on ebay and said to myself "now that's nice"...

My body style looks just like that one...I have the rear routed controls, as well...that wishbass pictured is a semi-hollow body (mine is solid). My bass looks nice, too...it is a beautiful piece of curly maple with purpleheart stringers and a purpleheart fingerboard.

As far as playability...it is great! I took out the old corian bridge saddle and replaced it with 4 bridge saddles taken out of an Indi bridge system that I picked up on ebay for $15. Now I can adjust height on each string individually as well as intonation. (Looks cool too).

By the way...I only paid $300 for my wish...I think it was a BARGAIN!

I'm in the slow process of refinishing it (brushed lacquer = YUK) and I am replacing that hideous knob with a chrome dome one. (Actually I am planning on putting a P-bass wiring kit in it, complete with tone control).

Oh yeah...almost forgot...I LOVE MY WISHBASS! :bassist: :bassist:

As wishnevsky always says "Keep on rockin'"

9. +1

10. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    as much as i greatly despise wishbasses (philbara knows this) i did play one and despite the Horrible build quality and extreme bad hum and the side dots were uneven nails that were still pointy, i would get it because it weighed like 4 pounds and the guy wanted $200 for it. so when i get it, it will get a LOT of mods. i will take pics of its horridness...

To Be Continued...........

11. I will definitely be looking out for your posts of your horrible wishbass. I think you are beginning to understand the true beauty of wishbasses...THEY'RE CHEAP...:) Excellent for a project bass/beater bass/wall art :D

I was really quite satisfied with mine from the start (except for the finish and the bridge and the tuning pot)...but I'll have <$100 additional into it when I'm done and I'll be a very happy camper.

BrowneBass_210, a wishbass owner...who could have imagined it? :cool:

PS I want to see pics after the LOTS of mods, as well :)

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Somebody paid $900 for a Wish? He should've hung out around here a little.

13. Franklin229

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Wish already has the walnut and neck woods ready to go. I told him to pretty much get as close to the bass pictured as possible. I wanted the vol knob to match the tuners- black as a preference. I ordered mine without any finish-going to do an oil finish once it arrives. As far as mods are concerned, I am going to take it one step at a time. My last Wish was really good out of the "cardboard" box-although your bridge solution sounds pretty
    good....

14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yEP!