Ordered my Meyer Sound cabs today!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by prockenklang, Sep 29, 2004.

1. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    I got a chance to play through a Meyer CQ-1 and was so blown away that I went ahead and ordered a UPA-1P(powered 1x12 w/horn) and a USW-1P(powered 2x15 sub)! I am going to pick them up at the Meyer factory next Wednesday!!
  2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Major Mojo time!
    Keep us posted on how they sound.
  3. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA

So what's going to happen to your Glock rig?

What's the biggest difference between a BassArt + 4x10 and the Meyer CQ-1? I assume the Meyer is Glockenklang on steroids, but how much better is it exactly?

4. zoran

May 10, 2002
    :eyebrow: :eyebrow: ?
  5. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA

do you mind a few questions?

did you have to order direct from Meyer Sound?
    do you mind telling us the prices of the cabs?

thanks and enjoy the best in the business!
  6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    But dude, the sub only gets down to 32Hz...how will you get that low B fundamental happening?

And it's only 1400 watts, I mean how will you be able to compete with a drummer?

7. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    ditto. And let us know how they compare to your glock rig.
  8. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    I am keeping my Glock rig. As far as the difference between the Glock and the Meyer,I will let you guys know next week when I get the Meyer cabs and can A/B them.I will say that when I tried out the CQ-1,I only had my Avalon U-5 with me for a pre-amp,and it sounded awesome! I can't wait to try it with a Glockenklang BassArt pre-amp.The Avalon is nice,but the Glock smokes it!!!
  9. prockenklang

May 22, 2003

I manage a music store in Monterey,Ca.,so I ordered them through Meyer directly. As far as the prices go,the UPA-1P retails for $5310.00 and the USW-1P retails for $4230.00.I can't quote discounted prices yet, we are not a Meyer dealer.If and when we become an official Meyer dealer,I will be able to quote discounts.If you are interested in getting a rig for yourself,let me know,I'm sure that I could help you get one!
  10. prockenklang

May 22, 2003

Hopefully I will be able to get by with them!!!!!!