Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordered my new bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Floyd, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Howdy peeps!

I decided to do it and ordered me new Gecko 5 string from Warmoth tonight!!
    After admiring =^..^= at a number of gigs and getting a few laps on it and a good chat I decided it was the way to go.
    A Swamp Ash body with a Jotoba top, a 'medium' Maple/Bubinga neck with Birdseye maple finger board, Duncan active soapbars, Duncan 3 band preamp and black hardware.
    Hopefully it should be here with in 2 weeks.
    Christmas is coming early...hopefully!!

woot!

2. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Awesome man, make sure to post some pics when you get it in, grats!

3. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Sounds killer. Play the hell out of it :)

4. Thats gonna be awsome, please share pics when you get the parts. Are you finishing and assembling yourself, or is it pre-finished?

5. Thanks for the comments guys!

It is already finished but I will be assembling it myself, along with some help from =^..^=

I'll take plenty of pics!! :oops:)

6. Howdy Guys and Gals

My gecko 5 string has arrived!!

Went to see =^..^= last night and we started work on it. First the strap locks and then shielding tape in the electrics hollow. Must say JG (=^..^=) did a lovely neat job of it.
    The kahler bridge has been screwed on after some slight work with a counter sink drill to get the screws to fit nice and allow the string saddles to move over them. Last thing before I left was screwing the neck on. It looks awesome and feels lovely on the strap!!

Pics to follow shortly! :)