1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ordered new pre amp and Pickups,did I make the right choice? Barts pups and Audere?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lovenotfear, May 8, 2010.

1. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I Just bought An Audere drop in replacement for my Fender American Jazz Deluxe 1997, it is the one with the 6 z modes (Z-mode J Deluxe Pre - Vol, M/Bal, T/B, 6 Z-Modes (JZ6D-VB-3B) )

And I bought Some Bartolini 57CBJD's

Do you all think this is a good combo?

I struggled between the bart. 57cbjd's and the 57j1's, I wanted allot of bridge pickup growl and with a deep low end like it states you get with the 57j1's, but it also stated that the neck pickup was more brighter, I did not think I would like that.

I settled last minute with the 57CBJD's instead of my first choice 57j1, it seems to me from the description that they may have allot of the low end growl on the bridge pickup similar to the 57j1, but also the neck will be more fuller, and that the pickups have more clarity and are not as dark sounding.

Is this true what i am thinking?

2. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    anyone want to make me feel like I made the right purchase, anyone have any experience with these Bart. Pups? how is the tone? is the bridge Pickup deep and growly?

I have searched talkbass and google and have just found short little descriptions, but they did not really tell me a whole lot other than people liked them.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's all so subjective. The only person that can validate your choices is you. For every pickup and preamp out there, there's somebody who thinks it's great.

4. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    you are so right, I guess I keep questioning myself, I probably am just looking for someone to give me a little more detail on the pickups tone wise, I am scared I made the wrong decision because i changed my mind at the last minute.

5. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    I will be quite honest with you,as i know that's what you want,SO,i bought a set of 57j1 for my USA jazz bass 5 and after installing them i thought they were great,but after a few days i missed the crisp tone that the originals fender pickups had,the 57j1 is to dark sounding for me,so i have put the original back in my bass,i do use a J-Retro,and even though this is installed in the bass i found the 57j1's are not to my liking,the fender with the J-retro is where i want to be with this bass,i just thought it might be even better with the barts but alas no!!SO,i hope that yours suit what you want from them,if not,get in touch,perhaps we could do a try out trade!!!good luck.:crying:

putgodfirst2day likes this.
  6. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks for your opinion I had a little feeling in my gut last minute that i would not like the 57j1's so I switched to the 57cbjd's, thanks! you rock, ya if I don't like them I will talk to you about a try out trade, that's sounds cool, thanks so much. If all goes well I will post sound clips, that way you and every one else will be able to hear what this combo sounds like.:bassist: