Ordered one of the MF blowout Aguilars

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Feb 15, 2006.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, if you saw my "Avatar Rattling" thread, you probaly figured out that I was in the market for a new cabinet. Since I'm a po college student (and just dropped some coin on a Carvin) and I needed a new cabinet to help do the job that's putting me through college, I decided to buy one of the S series 4x10 cabinets while they were still on sale/in stock.

I'm pretty excited about it, though I wish it were rated at a little more than 500 watts. My Avatar was rated at 1200, and I never had a problem with clipping it. Though, I imagine that the Aggie has more efficient speakers.

Anyways, the main point of this thread is I was wondering if someone could tell me how to pronounce this company's name so I don't sound like a raging goober when people ask me about it. :D

Is the AG pronounced like Agway or like the AG in agile? Sorry for the asinine question, but I've never heard anyone say this company's name out load. ;)
  2. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I've always pronounced it AG-U-LAR. AG as in Agway.
    Everyone seems to know what i'm talking about:D
  3. mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    I picked up the Aggie S410 from MF as well, looking forward to it. :)
  4. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Rayzak has it.

I called them couple weeks ago and that's how they pronounced it.
  5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I think you'll like the S410...I had one for a few months, and I was pretty happy with it; it really fills the room.

6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I hope more of you guys scoop these up. That's a heck of a deal on an excellent cab.

And, they need to go fast.... before my willpower gives out, and I order a cab I don't need...... :meh:
  7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Its said like
  8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'll be danged! I just assumed it was "Ag-ee-lar", as it would be in a Spanish-derived name. Oh well, now I know.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

i'm sure you're right, but people just say it that way. i was like that too.

but liq, let us know how you dig it.
  10. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Cool, I can't wait to get it. I imagine that it will take a little longer than usual to arrive since they probaly have people ordering them like crazy. It won't be here for this week's gig, but I'm sure it will be here for next week's gigs. Like I said, I didn't want to spend more money on gear, but I have some good paying gigs this month, so I'll recoup the money very quickly. :) I bought the 8 ohm version in case I want to add another cab and keep my power amp bridged instead of messing around with stereo mode. Hey, if Aggie gets the Munjibunji seal of approval, they must be putting out a good product. ;) :D

But speaking of money, does anyone remember the price of these cabs before they went on sale? Weren't they around $600 or something?
  11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    They were $799.

The only thing that is stopping me is the lack of a tweeter and the fact that it might not fit in my "toys" car (Element).
  12. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I wouldn't worry about the wattage rating, my Eden 410 cab is only rated at 500 watts and it's VERY loud.......
  13. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I think he was talking about the 4x10, which does have a tweeter.

$599 was the "regular" price on that one, I think.
  14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000

Like I said, I imagine the Aggie has more efficient speakers than the Avatar, so I probaly won't be losing a whole lot in terms of volume.
  15. AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    "Imagine" is a good word for it.
  16. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Aguilar is an spanish word. If you're saying it the spanish way it has to be something like:
    A like the a in Alone - gui like the gui in guitar - lar

by the way, congrats.