Ordered the Aguilar Stuff Today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by m1911, Dec 15, 2005.

1. m1911

Dec 9, 2003
    Finally....I ordered a DB-750 and Two Cabs; a GS-212 and a GS-210.....both in 8 Ohm.
    This will be used for Blues/Rock with a Fender Custom Shop 64' Jazz Bass with Fralin Pick-Ups.
    The way I figured the Cabs is the GS-212 would be used by itself for most Band practices and Gigs. The GS-210 would be for practicing alone. Having both of these in 8 Ohm would pull less power from the Head than 750 watts and for a bigger Gig I could combine them in parallel for the whole power range. I'm also thinking a 2x12 and 2x10 will be nice together.
    I already ordered a 4-space Calzone Rack Case....3 spaces for the DB-750 and the top space for a Korg DTR-2000 Tuner.
    I'm psyched!
  2. Niiiice man, very nice. You're going to love that rig. When it gets here, pics are absolutely required.
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Holy splurge, batman! I like that "if you're gonna do it, go all out" philosophy there. I've never heard the 2x12, but I've played the 750 through the 2x10, and it was absolutely killer (as all Aggie gear should be!). Congrats on the order, and of course we'll be expecting pics when it arrives!
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Wow! If I had your money, I'd burn mine! :D ;)

That should be a killer rig! :bassist:
  5. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    If you have the cash, always just buy what you really want the first time. It saves time and money. I just bought an Avalon vt-737sp after debating for 4 years. I have spent alot of money for no reason.
  6. Very good point!
  7. Congrats!
    You'll love that DB750. My DB750 has done everything I've asked of it so far. When I crank it up a bit, I can't help but smile. Those cabs should pound together!!
  8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Get some Depends undergarments for coping with the low-end freqs you'll be experiencing
    Put some padding on your chin so you don't hurt yourself when your jaw hits the floor
    Warm up your facial muscles so you don't cramp yourself when you're grinning from ear to ear for hours
    Remember - lift with your legs, not your back

9. m1911

Dec 9, 2003
    Thanks guys....as I said I'm really pumped....and I found out today that it can all ship in a week....so in about 3 weeks I should have everything including the Calzone and I promise to take pics.

This will fill a long overdue void in a Blues Band environment.
    As far as the Cabs go....I contemplated both of these Cabs, as well as the 1x15 and the 4x10.
    I figured the GS-2x12 will fill the bill on most gigs...(I hope).
  10. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA

Agreed. The 750 is consider the best amp on the market by many.

Also, you can get by in the band with just the 2x10, but the combo will be monsterous.
  11. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nice!!! I'm happy for you. Don't forget the pic's. No Pic's no set up.
  12. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne

that is going to be a phat phat phat rig!

i'm so jealous!!!!

again, pics please :hyper:
  13. Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    I took the Aguilar plunge this week too. I ordered a GS115 and a GS210 and then grabbed a different train and ordered a Thunderfunk TBF-550.GS115's are backordered so I won't see it until the first or second week of January.
  14. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I hope you've consulted with both your Audiologist and your Chiropractor as well as a Lawyer. Your going to be offending and possibly injuring a lot of people with the sheer volume of that rig.

I'm totally envious! That is going to be a serious monster volume and tone rig. Seriously, be careful with that thing!
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One thing's for sure. You ain't gonna need no stinking Abercrombie.
  16. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    my experience w/ a DB750/GS112(x2) setup was the exact event that allowed Jive1 to cull his words of wisdom.
  17. m1911

Dec 9, 2003
    I considered the GS-115 also to go along with the GS-210.
    Let us know how you like it....especially running alone.
    If you give it Thumbs-up....I may grab one and leave it at the Drummer's Barn/Practice Space.
  18. dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I keep hearing about this brand so was thinking of getting a GS210 in 4 ohms to go with my ABM 300 Evo2 head. as the head puts out 325 in to 4 ohms i hope to get the full output into just the one cab. ill never be able to use another cab (no room in the car's) so 4 ohms makes more scence to me.
    Never used 10's before but i wanted a loud, small cab with plenty of punch.
    Any thoughts?