1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ordered the wrong tuners for Jazz neck(Hipshot Ultralite HB6C-1/2, Mighty Mite M2908)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jaggedsphere, May 23, 2016.

1. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Plug the existing holes with glue and dowels. Redrill the holes with a 16mm bit.

Or return the tuners for the appropriately sized parts.

I am not aware of off the shelf adapter bushings.

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Contact Hipshot, they handle this problem frequently and will provide oversize bushings. There's a reason you are paying a premium price for those tuners, and it's their customer service; take advantage of it.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  4. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    I made my own bushings from delrin. Pretty simple but perhaps hipshot will have something for you.

ins1.jpg

bether likes this.
  5. I have a larger set of Ultralite bushings at the house, I think, or did I use them? Anyway, I'll check the size and stuff when I get home.

Give the folks at Hipshot a call or send them an email, they are an awesome bunch. They will hook you up.

6. Here's what I came up with. Caliper is kinda crappy, but it was zero'ed.

I think the 16.77mm set is the standard, the 17.90mm set I got from Hipshot.

0001.JPG - 0002.JPG

jaggedsphere likes this.
  7. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    Hipshot support helped me sort things out. Would not hesitate to order from them again.

Arizona Jones and sissy kathy like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021