Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordered Toby Pro-6 from Musicyo.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist31588, Dec 8, 2003.

1. It's the one on sale now. Got it in trans. red. Only finish left. Anyways, I didn't have all the money, so I asked my parents to chip in $100, and that would be my christmas gift from them. Therefor, I won't be able to give a good review until Christmas. I DOUBT my mom would let me open up the box before christmas despite me paying for 75% of it:D

Just giving you guys a heads up to expect a review from me about this bass. $429. I couldn't let the offer go end end up paying 630 for it after christmas. They've got a new model too with an assymetrical neck and different wings.

Just had to brag.:cool:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow I'm jealous! Great deal on what looks to be a very nice bass. I have a friend who has a coupld of MusicYo Steinbergers (guitar and bass - one of each) and they have outperformed his expectations.

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    I had a toby pro 5 a few months ago... it was a very solid bass.. the maple was very pretty too. The only down side, was the pre-amp (and possibly pickups) I swaped them for a set of basslines, and it became a very nice bass.

4. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Congrats on the Toby! I, too, have a Toby Pro-5, only mine is in Satin Natural finish. I reallly like my Toby, It's built like a tank. However, like Chris said, the preamp leans on the weak side. Mine sounds good (tone-wise) from factory, but the output level is lower than any passive bass I've ever owned.

I've checked out the Pro-B basses with the asym neck and bubinga body wings. They're sexy! Every time I remember to order one, they're either completely sold out or not available in 5-string. Same goes with their acoustic electric basses. :( A while ago I even put an thread in the 'wanted' classifieds here for a used one, but can't find one.