1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ordered Toby Pro-6 from Musicyo.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist31588, Dec 8, 2003.

1. It's the one on sale now. Got it in trans. red. Only finish left. Anyways, I didn't have all the money, so I asked my parents to chip in $100, and that would be my christmas gift from them. Therefor, I won't be able to give a good review until Christmas. I DOUBT my mom would let me open up the box before christmas despite me paying for 75% of it:D

Just giving you guys a heads up to expect a review from me about this bass. $429. I couldn't let the offer go end end up paying 630 for it after christmas. They've got a new model too with an assymetrical neck and different wings.

Just had to brag.:cool:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow I'm jealous! Great deal on what looks to be a very nice bass. I have a friend who has a coupld of MusicYo Steinbergers (guitar and bass - one of each) and they have outperformed his expectations.

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    I had a toby pro 5 a few months ago... it was a very solid bass.. the maple was very pretty too. The only down side, was the pre-amp (and possibly pickups) I swaped them for a set of basslines, and it became a very nice bass.

4. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Congrats on the Toby! I, too, have a Toby Pro-5, only mine is in Satin Natural finish. I reallly like my Toby, It's built like a tank. However, like Chris said, the preamp leans on the weak side. Mine sounds good (tone-wise) from factory, but the output level is lower than any passive bass I've ever owned.

I've checked out the Pro-B basses with the asym neck and bubinga body wings. They're sexy! Every time I remember to order one, they're either completely sold out or not available in 5-string. Same goes with their acoustic electric basses. :( A while ago I even put an thread in the 'wanted' classifieds here for a used one, but can't find one.