Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ordering an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Skavenger, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Anyone from Sweden that has ordered stuff from Germany? Do you know if the electrical connections are the same or is a little home-electrician work needed?

I'm ordering an amp from Musicstore in Germany and I don't know if the power outlet will work in Sweden..

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I suspect that they're different. I've only been to Sweden one time (really want to go back, what a beautiful country!!!!) and forget what your electrical outlets look like.

If you're buying modern electrical gear, my guess is that it will have a detachable power cord with a standardized IEC outlet on the device for you to plug in a power cord with your particular national plug on it. IIRC both country's domestic power system is 230 Vac, 50Hz.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Check this link out, it's a helpful webiste for the world's electricity supply and plug types!

Hope this helps!

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

According to the site, both Sweden and Germany use similar plug/socket types!

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I stand corrected...thanks J-BB, great site!!!

5. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Thanks a heap Johnny! It really helped me out!

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Glad to help - what amp is it that you're ordering?