Ordering Avatar Neo 2x12 today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Jul 19, 2005.

1. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Hey guys, im gunna send the money out tonight and as soon as i get it i will test it out and tell you what i think. I will add my 2x10 ontop of it and make a Rig of Doom.

By chance anyone get theres yet?
  2. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    and then it will look like this: :D

3. thats cheating ;) , but it is almost the rig I want. just with a different head, but as soon as I get the money the order will go in :hyper:
  4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My rig will soon include the Avatar 210neo, and I'll also have a 210+212 stack!:bassist:
  5. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yes! The B115 Kappa PRO is back!!! :D :D
  6. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Had my Avatar 212 Neo delivered today. I can't be of much help since this is the first new rig I've owned in over 15 years. My last was a Yamaha 115 combo, and I loved it. Hooked this baby up to my Ashdown MAG300H when I got home this afternoon, played my EBMM 4 through it, and was completely blown away. And only at half volume (I was afraid things would start breaking in my house).

All I can say is I am thoroughly impressed. Can't wait for my next actual rehearsal this coming Monday.
  7. Avatar still selling the old cab stocked with the old deltas?
  8. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I have an Avatar 2x12" and 2x10" Neo order "on hold" as I'm in the middle of a move, and it would be asinine to having it delivered now only to pack them up and have yet more large items to pack/move/unpack in 17 days.

Yes, I've considered completing the order anyway. I'm weak, so very weak... ;)

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'll be ordering mine in 3 weeks....and I also have a 210 NEO to sit on top!!!!!

My "rig of doom"....powered by GrooveBass 1200

....looks like my guitar player is gonna need another half-stack! :spit:
  10. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    I just ordered the 2x12 delta. I like that it handles 1000 watts instead of 600 for the Neo. Plus i heard its frequency response is a little better. It only weights 10 lbs more than the Neo and is cheaper.

Remo you have a very similar rig that I do. I have the sansamp, a 1200 watt power amp and the 2x12s. I hope I dont need the 2x10s though they would be nice to have.
  11. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I have the 210Pro on top of the 115Pro with a Yorky XS800H and I know what Time Divider is saying about keeping the volume down below 5 for fear of dislodging the house from its foundation! LOL!

My Rig!

Attached Files:

12. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    You bet. It's just that my back isn't getting any younger. If this isn't a concern for you, go for the Deltas. It's $50 cheaper than the Neo.

13. The 8 ohm Kappa Pro LFA is the best. I had the 4 ohm model with 95 oz. magnet structure and sometimes I could bottom it out. The newest 8 ohm 120 oz. model has an extended cone travel modification to combat this according to Dave at Avatar.
    Love this speaker for LOWWWWWWWWWWW END!
    Not so good for mids but I have another B115H cab with JBL E140 in it that fulfills that need quite well.
  14. Mine came today, and I only had a chance to try it out for a few minutes. BBE BMax SS --> QSC RMX1450 (bridged mono 1000w @8ohms) --> B212NEO. I'm definitely in the Avatar fan club now. Great job Dave...
  15. toug

Apr 12, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Not a Neo but my delta just came in! Oh man I loveeeee it!

16. Dude the tape is still over the port!
  17. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Why is the port covered? I'm very curious.

18. I wondered that too. Bet in his exuberance to see how it looked with his amp head he did not take the time to remove it. Probably did not even notice it at this point. :bassist:
  19. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    That's the new Flexi-Port design. ;)
  20. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Wow I gotta get one of those! :rolleyes: :D