1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ordering from Pickguard Heaven

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tom0Blam0, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tom0Blam0

Tom0Blam0 Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Anyone here ever use these folks? I have heard some good things on here, but one question I cannot find the answer to is: Do they want you to use enter your credit card info into a blank email and send it along to them? That seems really shady...

I emailed them to get more information about ordering from them and never got a response. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Yes, I've used them. About a decade ago, they made me an amazing tort guard for a Fender MIM Jazz. Not sure why they don't offer a "talk-to a-real-human-being" phone number these days, but I'd suggest e-mailing them again and also trying the fax number.

3. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    I have bought from them a couple of times over the yaers. Most recent order (January) was fine. Fit was perfect on a USA G&L. (I believe they are the OEM p/g supplier for G&L.). Only issue is a rather long turn-around time on a plain black p/g. IIRC it was close to 3 weeks.

4. Tom0Blam0

Mar 16, 2014
    Did you have to enter the credit card info directly into the first email?

5. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    I ordered a Gibson grabber pickguard that turned out perfect.
    Was quite some time ago so I don't exactly remember the order process.

I believe they contacted me for credit card number using the phone number I supplied.

Sorry for disjointed reply.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  6. Tom0Blam0

Mar 16, 2014
    Cool, any insight regarding the question about whether you enter your credit card info directly in to the initial email you send them?

7. They probably got your email but the extra questions may of made them see potential hassle and ignored it. I find it a little suprising a business nowadays doesnt have a paypal option.

PawleeP likes this.
  8. Tom0Blam0

Mar 16, 2014
    I hope an extra question didn't scare them off...I agree that it is strange that they don't have a more legit payment option set up.

9. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    I don't recall. However, as others are commenting, they don't seem to have a very sophisticated or efficient ordering/delivery system, but their products are fine...Chico

PawleeP likes this.
  10. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Just saw the comments,about Pickguard Heaven. I had no problem with their way of handling business. I sent them an email,after going through their ordering system. Then I decided to fax them the type material,and style pickguard they would make. They responded to my email,with my phone number on the email. They called me while I was faxing my order to them. They asked for my credit card info,over the phone. And they don't charge your credit card,until day of shipping the pickguard. They do quality work,had no problem at all with them.

PawleeP and Skeezix like this.
  11. Tom0Blam0

Mar 16, 2014
    I should have updated after my complete order. They're great. I think there was an issue with the original email but once I got in touch with them they were quick to work with me and get my order perfext. Will definitely use them again

Arizona Jones likes this.
  12. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Glad they got the credit card info over the phone. NEVER put it in an email!

PawleeP likes this.
  13. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    I got a guard from them about a year ago. i just sent a check in the snail mail as they wanted my old P/G too as a sample. They quickly returned my new and old guards and the fit and finish was perfect. They are the best!