Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordering my GT7 on Sunday!!! Which color???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crazy_Fingers27, Sep 10, 2004.

which color do you like better?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2004.
  1. Magneta

26 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Natural

38 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I like the natural ones better..... Everyone I've seen has a great looking top; better it seems than the red ones..

2. Red is my fav colour..so thats what i voted for. However i think the natural looks awsome too.

Either way you cant go wrong.

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    The Magenta looks wicked, although I may just be saying that since I'm all natural'ed out (last bass - natural US Jazz black pguard, bass I'm waiting for - natural reissue black pguard) :rolleyes:

4. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    There is a used one for sale....might save you some cash...

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'd suggest Natural, I've seen both of the GT's colors at some of the local shops and the natural always looks GREAT. Not to say anything negative about Conklin cause I LOVE their stuff, but IMO the red color always looked kinda plasticy or candy-ish which just ain't my style.

6. +1. I have the natural one.

All the red ones I've seen in pictures looked really odd. I think the staining is not done very well, it doesn't bring out the flame enough under red.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Natural.

8. I like my Magenta GT5.
    Not that the natural ones aren't beautiful.....

9. BlasphemyArise

BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    i voted for magenta but you can't go wrong with either. They look very cool. :bassist:

10. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i like the natural on the BD sig. but i really can't stand the regular Groove tools basses. so for groove tools i say neither. fo BD go o naturel.

11. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hmmmm.. seeing that those two colors are the only ones available will make it a little hard to get one with "neither" finish..

:meh:

12. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Just for the record, that stain color is technically called "wine", haha... ;)

Anyway, I prefer the Magenta/wine stain over the natural. I think it suits the instrument's design better.

13. my bad for the typo. i realized that i put magneta, instead of magenta. oops.

anyway, i already ordered the bass, and i went with the wine color. thanks for the help.

14. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Hmmm I wonder if that color would interfere with the pickups? :D :D

15. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I bet he would like that color though!!

[​IMG]

:D

16. lol

17. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i was hinting that he should not get a standard GT, he should get a Bill dickens sig.

18. i dont want a BD7. too much money. couldnt find one used, so i went with the GT7.