Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ordering my new head today...need opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Right now my #1 candidate is a new Traynor YBA200

I was quoted a price of 525 +25 s/h...so is there any thing better out there in the 550 range or is this the cream of the crop???

ps, I'll be using this with an Avatar B210 and SB115

I have until 12pm to decide because that 's when I'm calling to make the order

2. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    What are the specs on the amp, Wattage? Ohms?, You can buy an ampeg B2R with graphic eq for right around $549, and I probably could do that including shipping. I carry those amps in stock if you would like to chat about them call me up at 1-888-811-8338. I'll be at the shop at 10am pacific time.

Thanks
    Char-Lee

3. Oh I've played the B2R....I didn't like it too much

I am moving from my big rig...

Furman rr15nl>
    Presonus Bluemax>
    BBE 362>
    Sansamp RBI>
    Carvin DCM1500>

to something more light weight...

The traynor is 44 pounds of all tube goodness....200 watts (tube) at 4 ohm.

4. I dont think you're gonna find a head as good as this for such a low price anywhere. DEFINATELY get the Traynor. And post a review and pics when you get it!

5. I just ordered my Traynor...they said it'll be here in about 5 days....I'm excited and will post reviews/pics once I get my full rig (ordering my cabs on friday)

6. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

NO.! Get the Traynor. It is a stellar amp that should cost twice as much... I recommend www.rockcityguitar.com If I did not have a Mesa 400+, I would buy one in a heartbeat.!