Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OREGON TB'ers

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by adam on bass, May 28, 2004.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    GIG SPAM!@!!!@!@

In Bend tonight, my band and you. If you go come up to me at a break and I'll give you a shirt and CD!!!!

END OF GIG SPAM@#@$&

2. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    How did the gig go? What is the music 'scene' like in Bend?

3. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Pretty good. The scene pretty much blows. That is why we play once avery other monh so people don't get burned out. We have the biggest crowd of the other bands in town so it kinda helps.

4. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    Oregon
    hey Firkinahsoul you should get a show down here in salem. I know alot of people who'd like you stuff (music). You could try the Nightengale(through YMCA?) or the Reid Opera House. So if you guys get bored in the month between gigs I'd love to see ya! (because you know I'm too lazy to get a ride to bend... ;) )

5. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Can you get anymore info than that? We'll play pretty much anywhere that will have us. Thanx for the info!

6. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    The Reed Opera House used to host a lot of small, indie acts. (that's what I heard from friends, anyway. I was too pre-occupied with other things to ever go to a concert there.) But since they've remodeled I think they might be trying to shift their image. This information is 2nd hand, though. My brother, who's band plays other places around Salem, gave a demo to the new management but was told something to the effect that they don't host that sort of devil music (??) anymore. This was strange because his music could really be described as a 'medium', 'singer-songwriter' style of rock.

Again, this is second hand information.

The phone number is on dexonline.com. Search for 'reed opera house' and you will have it. The upside is the building is in a nice downtown location, well-trafficked and visible to a lot of young-ish people.

----------
    Edit:

I just caught up with my brother. He can't remember telling me the above anecdote, so I guess I am nuts after all. He also reports that his group has played Reed five times and they have filled the room twice, fwiw. He said the room was about 20x50.

7. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Hadn't thought about the opera house, will have to look into that one. In the Salem area, seems like it's Duffy's, Mavericks, AJ's, Kats Korner, and Liberty Spirits that have live music. Am I missing any of them?